Tuesday 27 January 2015

Cinnamon Spice and All Things Nice


After Sunday’s cheat bread, Tuesday morning called for the real deal. After a (very) lazy Monday, I decided that Tuesday would be my Monday and we would celebrate this by starting the day with cinnamon whirl pull-apart bread (I halved the quantities and it still made a gigantic loaf). Cinnamon whirls have always been my treat of choice from the bakery (alternating with iced buns in summer), and to this day I feel spoilt when I eat them. So as I was determined to start my Monday (Tuesday) well, I figured this was as good a way as any, accompanied by a steaming cup of coffee in my favourite Anthro tea cup made in my Moka from Italy (thanks Gem). Win-win.


Cinnamon is my favourite spice: I’m partial to a sprinkling with apple on my porridge, with any kind of latte but particularly chai, and in biscuits and banana bread. It is indulgence without the calories (kind of), which can only be a good thing in my book, and it’s kind of warming. My cinnamon bread featured cinnamon carried all the way to me from Jerusalem by Mr Hook, which I figure must make it more special than your standard Tesco dealio. As we wanted it to be baked for breakfast, I made the dough the night before, let it rise, and then put it in the fridge under clingfilm. It almost doubled again and was perfectly ready to use in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment