Wednesday 23 September 2015

Macarons à la pistache






Macarons are notoriously difficult to make. Having never attempted the feat before, I thought there was no better time to try then when bringing a dessert to a friend's do... I made a back-up pud.

They were not terrible. Bashed up pistachios and icing sugar form the basis of both the macaron biscuits and the inner cream. I used Nigella's recipe if anyone's feeling brave. I never used to be a nuts girl, but these (alongside walnuts in carrot cake and pine nuts on salad) might just have changed my mind. There were none left by the end of the party.


I'd love to know how proper pistachio macarons have their soft green colour? There's probably a Farrow & Ball hue named after them they're so pretty. I'm hoping to try these out again so if anyone's hosting a French-themed party soon, invite me along.

No comments:

Post a Comment