Wednesday 13 May 2015

Mud Pies




Our kitchen has been a flurry of baking activity this afternoon. Not only did we get to work on these little beauties, but also a batch of flapjacks for Amy’s lucky brother and his family. So, with a little help from my friends, I present to you the mud pie brownie/biscuit combo, stuffed with chocolate chunks, peanut butter and chocolate spread.


Originally, the recipe was for Salted Caramel + Nutella Stuffed Double Chocolate Chip Cookies from the lovely Izy Hossack at Top with Cinnamon.  Izy’s one of those girls who, at 19, has achieved more than I hope to in my lifelong career, with a cookery book published at just 18 and a whole lot of press coverage besides. I’m cool with it. 


In case anyone’s desperate to wish me luck, my next exam is on Saturday. Then I’ll be heading down south and, since Mumma and Pappa Hart have abandoned me for a mini gap-yah in Australasia*, imposing myself on my siblings – I figure they probably miss me since I haven’t been home for a couple of weeks. I’m hoping for sunshine, baby shower planning (don’t panic, not for me) and maybe a cheeky first BBQ of the year...? A girl can dream.


*Also known as taking time to visit their two much-loved eldest children and their families.


No comments:

Post a Comment