Thursday 13 August 2015

Twist it up


Bread is always a wonderful gift for a dinner party host or hostess. Even the pretty crude rosemary rolls I brought to my sister's for dinner were well received when used to mop up her delicious lasagna. This twisted loaf is filled with green pesto, but you could use red pesto or tomato sauce and cheese for a pizza version. We served up the bread with balsamic vinegar and olive oil and everyone tore in. 



Once I'd kneaded my second batch of dough (the first was a flop, made with out-of-date yeast),
I rolled it out, spread pesto all over (fresh, as ever, is best, but the jar stuff does the job), and rolled it up lengthways. I sliced it down lengthways and then, on a baking tray, twisted the two halves together. This makes a right royal mess but looks beautiful once it's done. Try it to take to a dinner party this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment