Tuesday 17 February 2015

Pears and Pancakes

Amid the excitement of Shrove Tuesday I took time to make a Pear and Streusel Cake for the girls, which went down particularly well with visiting parents. Alongside the traditional crepes with lemon and sugar (and Nutella for one!), this cake made for a warming start to Tuesday with steaming mugs of tea. The recipe is from The Broken Bread, where the lovely Kristan puts together beautiful photo stories with wholesome recipes. In this one, the pear chunks keep the cake moist, and the streusel adds crunch.


So many of the food bloggers I love are on the other side of the pond so I often have to 'translate' the measurements (apparently 1 stick of butter is 4oz/110g). I use a Tala Cook's Measure here at uni where I am bereft of my beloved old-fashioned scales and ounce weights; all the recipes I know from Mumma are in ounces, so a lot of conversion takes place! She gave me the Cook's Measure for this year and keeps posting up little bits and bobs to help out. I'm one lucky girly.



No comments:

Post a Comment