Tuesday 24 February 2015

Soda Bread


My family friend Phelim has promised again and again to teach me to make soda bread. He is Irish, so knows how, and a wonderful man who hosts dinners in his lovely garden in summer complete with old records and Irish ditties. I have so far not taken him up on the offer (be assured, I will), but in the meantime I used a recipe from Pastry Affair to have a go myself. This rosemary concoction makes the house smell sublime. It's a little salty but would be a dream with some goats cheese and roasted cherry tomatoes, or dipped in oil and balsamic.




Soda bread and other non-rising loaves are so easy to make. I hopped out of bed, made the dough, whacked it in the oven and was back under the duvet twenty minutes later. Then a half-hour nap before warm bread for breakfast. The dream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment