Monday 9 March 2015

Brownie Biscuits


It turns out, a sleepy Sunday baker can lead to some pretty burnt brownie biscuits. I'd been wanting to try this recipe for a while and a post-ball me thought it might be time to give it a go. Not a good idea. And then of course it was a Sunday so Tesco was closed, and little Sainsburys had nothing to offer in the way of cocoa powder, and only extortionately priced everything else. So meet batch two of these beauties, prepared on a wide awake Monday. 


I love salt, a fact much scorned by housemates. When I was little, my brother used to pour salt onto everything he ate and, since he was my idea of the coolest person in the whole wide world, I promptly followed suit. Ever since I've been a salty over sweet kinda person and so I thought I'd jump on the salted chocolate bandwagon here. I whipped up some caramel to drizzle on top before sprinkling on the salt flakes.

This was all a little sticky, both literally and in terms of timing. I'd go back to the original recipe rather than using mine, which was all a little rogue.

1 comment:

  1. sorry but couldn't help laughing that at the top of my page it says 'this site uses cookies'!!

    ReplyDelete