Monday 30 March 2015

Chorizo and Sun-Dried Tomato Bread


April showers seemed to have arrived a little early: the drizzle at home is continual and gloomy. I'm fairly sure it's pathetic fallacy to complement my dissertation-writing experience. To bring a little sunshine into our life, I baked a Mediterranean combo bread. This is based on a recipe by the lovely Molly, whose optimism is fairly apparent across her blog. The bread doesn't need kneading (nice little homonym there for my language buddies) and is made in a big ol' casserole dish (known as a bizarrely-named 'Dutch oven' in the USA, which sounds like a euphemism). The dough rises overnight (so remember to get started on Saturday for a lazy Sunday morning).





This bread did not solve all my problems, but it alleviated them for a while. Try it toasted with eggs, dipped in soup, or just with some oozy butter. This week is to be filled with writing, nursing Pappa H and looking forward to Porto in just over a week! Let me know of any sites to see!




No comments:

Post a Comment